Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Knowledge-Creating Company

The business review describes four basic patterns for creating knowledge in any orgainzation.
1. From Tacit to Tacit
2. From Explicit to Explicit
3. From Tacit to Explicit
4. From Explicit to Tacit.

While I was reading the fundamental principle of organizational design at the Japanese companies, the author of the business review says that in Japan, a team is divided into competing groups that develop different approaches to the same project and then argue over their proposals. When I thought about this approach, it still didn't convience me due its overlapping, time consuming and wastage of money approach. I still have questions on this principle.
One is what if two teams have the same proposal for project? another one is How about oppertunity cost?

1 comment:

Al said...

Remind me to talk about these in class; there's a few comments I still need to make about the 4 processes.